How to advertise your sms text message marketing program
Advertising is only 1 part of your marketing plan (or at least it should be). For example, if you are using sms text message marketing you’re going to need a bit of advertising to let the public know that you’re having a sale or promotion. The basic fact that you have an opt-in page, you can send them specials with their mobile devices and that the specials via mobile are, well, special is also a reason to advertise that fact. People will want what you have but only if they know that you have it, and so you need to advertise your sms text message marketing as well as you can to increase the amount of people that are on your opt-in list and the amount of revenue that you will generate.
With that in mind we’ve put together a list of the best things you can do to advertise your sms text message marketing program and make sure that as many people opt-in as possible. Good luck with them.
The simple fact is that there are probably a lot of advertising platforms that you’re already using that are well-suited to advertise your sms text campaign. All of these can easily be adapted and usually at no or minimal extra cost. The fact is, all you’re really advertising is the keyword and the short code call to action that your sms text campaign uses, something that can be placed on virtually everything and everywhere. For example;
- On your business card. If you don’t use it already have new cards made that clearly show your keyword and short code
- Do you have a billboard? If so, place your keyword and short code on it big enough to be read quickly.
- If you have a brick and mortar store or office you can use the signs that you keep in your window or on your front door to advertise your short code and keyword.
- Do you have a business website? Of course you do! Perfect place to not only advertise your short code and keyword but ask them to opt-in from the website.
- If you’re on Social Media you can place your keyword and short code there for every fan and every visitor to see.
- Sending out flyers to your town is an excellent way to distribute your vital short code and keyword.
- While we don’t particularly like newspaper ads anymore they can be helpful to tell the community about your sms text message marketing campaign and, if you’re already using them, it’s a very small change.
- Do you have an electronic newsletter? Maybe you even have a printed newsletter. No matter which, placing your text message keyword and short code there is a perfect place to get attention.
- If you advertise on menus you can advertise your keyword and short code there too. Tasty!
Obviously not all of these will be available to you but, as you can see, there are certainly plenty of options available. Good luck.